Zero Waste Lifestyle
After a bit of research, you've decided that you want to take an eco-friendly approach to life. A Zero-Waste Lifestyle can help you reach your goals, but before you begin you have to understand exactly what it is and how to implement it. It's not as easy as going out and replacing everything in your home with a zero-waste solution. However, it's also not impossible, you just have to take it step-by-step. We've got some tips to get you started and before long, you'll be a guru and sharing tips with your friends and family!
What Is a Zero-Waste Lifestyle?
If you're wondering what a zero-waste lifestyle is, you're not alone — it's a relatively new concept, only a few years old. Basically, it's an ideal or goal to achieve literally zero waste. In essence, you buy products that you can reuse or repurpose, rather than one you use a single time then toss in the trash. The idea is to stop filling up the trash can and subsequently, the landfills that are already full enough. When you stop and think about it, the plastic industry dominates our bathroom routine and it's time to change that!
At the end of the day, you should have very little, if any, waste. If you're thinking about your full trash can right now, don't worry. It may seem daunting, but it's totally achievable — stay positive and enjoy the journey!
How Do You Implement a Zero-Waste Lifestyle?
If you're tempted to just throw things out and get started, hold up! Throwing away what you already have in the house would be wasteful, no? You've already spent the money, so it's wise to use these items up first, then when it's time to replace them, that's when you introduce zero-waste products!
The one thing it's important to remember is that it can take some time, maybe even a year or two, for you to achieve the level of zero waste you're striving for. And that's okay! Every time you introduce a new product, you're one step closer. It's not always an easy journey, but be diligent and before you know it, you'll be significantly reducing the amount of waste you create.
You can start implementing the lifestyle at any time. For example, when you're cleaning and you find items you no longer need, instead of throwing them out, find a way to recycle, upcycle or donate them. Have ripped clothes? Turn them into cleaning rags! Then, you can wash them and reuse them over and over, which means that's a lot less going in the trash. If you have things you simply don't use that are just taking up space — because let's face it, we all do — donate them to a charity, Goodwill, or even to a friend who can use them.
Is a Zero-Waste Lifestyle Easy to Adhere To?
It can actually take some time for you to achieve a zero-waste lifestyle and you may never completely achieve the ideal, but you can get pretty close. Because there are so many products designed to be used once and then thrown away, it can be difficult to find a zero-waste solution, but they are available! As more and more companies become aware of Zero Waste the more accessible sustainable products will be readily available.
This is one lifestyle that requires diligence, thinking about each purchase before you take the plunge. It can be easy to choose a less sustainable product for convenience, which is why it's important to be dedicated when committing to zero waste.
How Seek Bamboo Can Help
If you're wondering where to get started, look no further. Seek Bamboo's mission is to provide eco-friendly products that can help you on your way to achieving the zero-waste lifestyle. All of our products are designed and offered with sustainability in mind. Here are just a few you can find on our site:
- Bamboo Toothbrushes: Our toothbrush handles are made with 100% bamboo pulp, which means they are compostable, and thus zero-waste. They come in fun colors and you can even find charcoal toothbrushes for a natural whitening and fresh mouth solution. Best part is each colored toothbrush sale goes to a donation or cause. Making a switch to a bamboo toothbrush has never felt so great!
- Natural Toothpaste: Say goodbye to those chemical-filled, store-bought toothpaste, and say hello Seek Bamboo's natural toothpaste options. We offer a tooth powder, activated charcoal powder, plus toothpaste tablets. Best of all, they all come in containers that can be repurposed around the home and that means … you guessed it — less waste!
- Bamboo Makeup Remover Pads: Forget using cotton with disgusting chemicals to remove and show our true beauty. Bamboo Makeup Pads are 100% Chemical Free & Soft to remove your daily makeup. Best part? These Bamboo Makeup can easily be placed in the wash and are reusable.
- Silk Floss: Clean your teeth using plastic floss within a plastic box? Time to make a switch to 100% Eco-Friendly Silk Floss. Made with vegan candelilla wax making it stronger than it's plastic counterpart. Not too mention at Seek Bamboo we place it in a glass tube for easy refills!
- Bamboo Straws: Are you tired of throwing plastic straws out after a single use? Bamboo straws are the solution. Ours are made with premium plant shoots, and if properly taken care of, will last you for years. Next time you host cocktail night we expect you'll get some compliments on the added touch!
This is just a brief glance into the products we offer. There are a myriad of products for sale, and some even come with a subscription option so you can have them regularly delivered to your home and get your sustainable lifestyle underway! You have nothing to lose — except the waste!